The traditional flowers that mark major marriage milestones are:
- Carnations or Pansies for the 1st Wedding Anniversary
- Daisy for the 5th Wedding Anniversary
- Daffodil for the 10th Wedding Anniversary
- Day Lily for the 20th Wedding Anniversary
- Iris for the 25th Wedding Anniversary
- Violet for the 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Give a bonsai tree that's the same age as the marriage being celebrated! This is a wonderfully novel way to celebrate the strength and beauty of marriage.
- A flowering perennial of the appropriate name or color is a great way to symbolize a bronze, silver or gold anniversary.
- Roses are traditional gifts for lovers - long lasting mini roses are perfect way to say "I love you" everyday for months to come.
- Flowering perennials such as gardenias a great cut flower substitute. They are beautifully scented and can be replanted for years of rebloom can wonderfully symbolize a love that will last forever.
Include a personalized gift message with your gift plant. Some ideas include:
- May this anniversary reflect all the special moments you/we have shared, and all the wonderful moments still come.
- Happiness is not perfect, until it is shared. Best wishes on your anniversary.
- My love for you grows with each passing year.
- "True love is friendship set on fire." (French Proverb)
Gift plants come in a wide variety of choices, so there is a anniversary gift any time the occasion calls for it.