1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Giving Plants (“Contest”) is brought to you by the Giving Plants brand, the Contest Sponsor (“Sponsor”). Contest Start Date: 12:00 noon Eastern Time (ET), August 23rd, 2013. Contest Close Date: 11:59 am ET, September 23rd, 2013.
2. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Complete the online registration form provided, including full name and email and confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules. All fields must be completed on the official entry form.
ENTRY LIMIT: Limit of one (1) contest entry per person, per day during the Contest Period.
If entering through Facebook, only one (1) unique Facebook ID may be used by any one (1) person to participate in the Contest per day. An entrant may only enter the Contest via the methods described above.
You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee of the Sponsor, Creative Bube Tube Inc., or an immediate family member of such an employee residing in the same household. Potential winners MAY be required to furnish proof of identification.
There will be one (1) Prize available to be won, assigned as follows:
Selected September 2013 – The plant of the winner’s choosing from www.givingplants.com.
The prize must be accepted as awarded.
5. SELECTION PROCESS:
On September 23rd, 2013, at approximately 12:00 noon EST in Carlsbad, California, the winner will be randomly selected from all entries. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received between 12:00 noon (ET), August 23rd to 11:59 am ET, September 23rd, 2013, estimated at about 500.
Following selection of a potential winner, and confirmation of the eligibility of the selected entrant and his/her compliance with these Official Contest Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right (but shall not have the obligation) to announce a winner’s name and city of residence at a time and in a manner selected by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
The selected eligible winner will be notified by the Sponsor or its agents or representatives, by email to the email address submitted on their contest entry, within ten (10) days of contest draw. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of initial contact attempt made or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable, the selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The process will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first.
6. SELECTED ENTRANTS: Eligible winners will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Official Rules and an affidavit of eligibility, and a Release of the Sponsor and Creative Bube Tube Inc., and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from any liability or claims in connection with this promotion or the prize. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within fourteen (14) business days of the date on the notification, or prize will be forfeited and potential winner disqualified. By accepting the prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, voice, statements relating to the promotion of Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, in any publicity and/or media carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in connection with this promotion, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet, unless prohibited by law. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize, from receipt of completed Declaration and Release form. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the prize, or in the event that a prize confirmation or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
7. Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements; (ii) consent to the broadcast, publication and/or use, in any medium whatsoever, including any websites operated by the Sponsor, of the entrant’s name and his/her participation in the prize, for publicity purposes carried out by the Sponsor or its respective advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind; and (iii) agree that Releasees are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, microsite, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any microsite, website or online service, or any other error or malfunction. Entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all conditions of these Official Rules will be judged void. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest in part or in full. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of this contest or website or violates the Official Rules of this contest. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this promotion.
8. In the event that it is discovered that an entrant has entered more than once in any given day using different and/or the same Facebook ID, he/she will be disqualified, his/her entry will be null and void, and the entrant will not be entitled to claim the prize. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook ID used at time of entry. The selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder associated with the selected on-line entry.
9. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. No communication will take place with entrants in relation to the entrant’s contest submission or their contest eligibility, except with the entrant selected as the potential winner.
10. Entrant(s) and/or the winner assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the promotion, by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
11. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
12. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or affiliated with Facebook, in whole or in part, and releases Facebook of all legal obligations, activities, winnings, liability, or damages, perceived or otherwise affiliated with this contest.
13. The entrant acknowledges and understands that information provided by the entrant to the contest is being submitted to the Sponsor and affiliated contest administrators, in line with Sponsor’s privacy policies, and that this information is not being submitted to Facebook directly.
14. Once completing their entry, entrants will be prompted to post on the Giving Plants Facebook page. The entrant agrees and understands that by taking part in any online activity- be it Facebook posting, liking or any other Giving Plants page or contest related interaction, they will be doing so outside of the conditions of this contest. The entrant understands that they are solely responsible for their participation in such activity and resultant outcomes in line with Facebook policies and procedures (and all other parties which may be involved), and releases Sponsor and affiliated contest administrators from all legal obligations, activities, winnings, liability or damages, perceived or otherwise affiliated with such activity. Entrants agree that such activities or abstaining from such activities does not in any way affect the entrants eligibility, outcome or judging of this contest.
15. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Any person engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified.
16. We respect your right to privacy of your personal information.